We’re here with home design trends for 2023 that you’ll want to steal immediately. And let us tell you, the future looks bright, sustainable, and multi-functional. Looking for something new and fresh for your home? Look at a few trends shaping home design and remodeling in 2023. Let’s dive in!
Here Are 4 Popular Factors Shaping Trends in 2023:
- Natural Light: One factor that is emphasized in the present and future designs is natural light. A greater emphasis has been placed on making the most of natural light, which could enhance our mood, attention, and sleep.
- Workplace Style: Post-pandemic, we all understood the importance of a home office. Having a great office space makes working at home more comfortable. If you have permanently moved to a remote work structure or hybrid model, this factor becomes more critical and entails furnishing the room to meet your specific requirements.
- Enhanced Home Multifunction: Open kitchens were trending last year as well, and this coming season, we are seeing a rise in demand in combining a kitchen, dining, and living area into one open room. Make the most of wasted space by turning it into a room with multiple uses that combines living and working. Openness is the foundation of the kitchen island, the main objective is to showcase modern engineering with the highest level of visual appeal. Moreover, Pet feeding stations are elegantly integrated into modern kitchen islands. (Kitchen Trends, 2022)
- Designer Laundry and Mudroom: An increasing number of families are investing in extra storage, and mudrooms and laundry room design combinations fit the bill perfectly. Your mudroom laundry space has to be cleverly designed to balance being both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
That’s all for the overall house remodel and design trend. Moving on to the most essential room of the house: The kitchen.
Here Are 3 Recommendations for Kitchen Upgrades for 2023:
A new kitchen design may enhance daily routines and increase a home’s worth in the long run, so it is probably the first thing homeowners start with when looking to upgrade their property.
- Unimposing Hoods: The sleek design of unimposing hoods allows viewers to focus on the rest of the room rather than be distracted by a busy or loud element. This type of vent treatment can add some coziness and make the room feel homier, which many of us crave post-pandemic.
- Functional Pantries: Say goodbye to that busy and cramped pantry cabinet! In 2023, functional is foremost. We want a space that not only stores your goods but also provides an additional space to work.
- Open Displays: Adding open displays give breathing room to the kitchen. Instead of wall-to-wall upper cabinets, which can feel heavy, we recommend breaking up the room with open shelving since it adds a bit of interest to the space and brings relief from many closed cabinets with doors.
Though these three things are all considered “trends” for 2023, we are confident they are here to stay. Moving on to our next essential room: The Bathroom.
Here Are 3 Trending Bathroom Ideas for 2023:
Modern homeowners are looking for bathroom designs that both represent their identity and make them feel pampered. Industry experts have responded by raising the bar with extraordinary places that radiate luxury and distinctive flare.
- Backlit Mirrors. Go for the back-lit framed LED mirror that brightens and styles any bathroom’s decor and provides a sense of elegance to the décor of your house.
- Tasteful Terrazzo Floors & Walls. One of the top bathroom tile trends for 2023 is Terrazzo, which continues to make a remarkable reappearance. In addition to being offered in practically every hue, its distinctive stone dots are available in various sizes. (Bathroom Trends, 2022)
- Nature-Inspired Bathroom Colors. Nature gives us vibrant color combinations that inspire an earth-tone palette. A single color can make a statement too. Spend time early in your remodel and decide on a color scheme.
So which of these trends will you try in 2023? Remember that trends are motivators but are not rules for remodeling your space. Focus on what you want and get a professional’s opinion.
Working with a highly qualified partner helps ensure your home remodeling project goes smoothly. No matter what you have in mind, choosing the right company to handle your project is key to a successful build. Schedule your project with J&M Construction & Remodeling. Our staff works hard to understand your needs and get things right the first time. Call us at (281) 359-3550 to get started.
- August 15, 2022. (2022, September 14). Interior Design Trends 2023: 23 must-have looks for a stylish home. Decorilla Online Interior Design. Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.decorilla.com/online-decorating/interior-design-trends-2023/
- September 5, 2022. (2022, September 7). 21 hottest bathroom trends 2023 you don’t want to miss. Decorilla Online Interior Design. Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.decorilla.com/online-decorating/bathroom-trends-2023/
- August 29, 2022. (2022, September 2). Kitchen trends 2023: 24 design pro ideas you’ll want to steal. Decorilla Online Interior Design. Retrieved October 21, 2022, from https://www.decorilla.com/online-decorating/kitchen-trends-2023/