The bathroom is often forgotten since they aren’t as attractive or Instagram-worthy as other areas of the house. But, we say, why not? Bathrooms, after all, are rooms that everyone uses, so their design is just as vital as, say, a comfortable living room. And the time we spent in our homes during the pandemic served as a reminder of how important investing in our own spaces is. So, if 2022 is the year you finally decide to upgrade yours, rest assured that we’ve got you covered.
- Spa-like features: Today’s homebuyers are seeking features that will provide a spa-like atmosphere in their new homes. We think this trend will continue in 2022. Consider high-end materials such as tiled shower pans with intricate mosaic tile, euro-style shower doors with thicker glass, minimal framing, stylish hardware, and beautiful low-maintenance granite or quartz solid surface worktops paired with on-trend under-mount sinks. (Andriotis, 2021)
- Artistic Murals or Wallpapers: Any room can benefit from an eye-catching piece of art, whether it’s a sculpture, a black and white painting, or a colorful vintage photograph. But while you may only consider incorporating art into your bedroom, living room, or entryway, there’s one space that’s often overlooked—the bathroom. Check out some beautiful artwork from Elle Decor that your 2022 bathroom deserves.
- Use of Marble: It’s a beautiful, timeless option for almost any bathroom decor. When it comes to using marble in your bathroom, it’s really difficult to go wrong if your budget permits. You can easily use marble on your bathroom counter, or instead, create a floating marble vanity. While marble works great as an accent in a bathroom, it can also look gorgeous if you use it on all surfaces of the bathroom. (Reitman, 2021)
- Adding Greenery: The greenery trend in bathroom design seems to be continuing. You can create a relaxing spa-like retreat by adopting a bio-compatible approach and using a variety of natural components such as houseplants and pampas grass to style the bathroom. Being able to escape into a blissful environment that has been surrounded by plants can help you to feel nurtured. See below for inspiration on how to achieve that.
- Luxury Fixtures: The toilet, sink, shower, and tub are the main attractions in a bathroom. Want to add more elements? Televisions in the shower and therapeutic lights that cause water to change hues are all things you can have if you can imagine it. Some trending features include body sprayers placed throughout the shower that can massage the body or produce a relaxing mist, luxurious finishes, and striking storage features.
- Just like that… Bathtubs are back: The pandemic has only amplified people’s desire for rest, which is why soaking tubs are becoming more popular in bathrooms throughout the year. According to a Houzz bathroom trends survey, standalone, flat-bottom tubs will be preferred to clawfoot versions or more ornate bases. (Houzz, 2021)
- Lights, Camera, Action: Over three-quarters of homeowners who renovate their master bathroom replace the lighting, relieving two common frustrations: insufficient illumination (29%) and no natural light (10%). One in three individuals states that dimmable lighting aids them to unwind in their bathroom (33%), and 7% utilize shower mood lighting. With 20% more people installing LED lights. (Houzz, 2021)
- Flooring: Porcelain and ceramic, as the top-ranking materials for flooring and are still popular in bathrooms owing to their adaptability. Ceramic and porcelain tile are popular for a variety of reasons, including their durability, hypoallergenic qualities, resistance to moisture and germs, simplicity of upkeep and cleaning, as well as their broad range of interesting patterns, colors, and sizes. We anticipate seeing ceramic and porcelain tiles that imitate natural hardwood finishes and high-contrast marbles, as well as simulated wood.
Work with a Qualified Partner
Working with a highly qualified partner helps assure that your home remodeling project goes smoothly. Planning to remodel your bathroom? No matter what you have in mind, choose the right company to handle the project. Schedule remodeling services from J&M Construction & Remodeling. Our staff works with you to understand your needs. After we’re done, you’re sure to love the freshly remodeled rooms of your Humble or Kingwood, TX home. Call us at (281) 359-3550 to get started.
- 2020 U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Study. (n.d.). Retrieved December 21, 2021, from https://www.houzz.com/magazine/2020-u-s-houzz-bathroom-trends-study-stsetivw-vs~139284625
- Andriotis, M. E. (2021, November 23). These bathroom trends will dominate in 2022. House Beautiful. Retrieved December 21, 2021, from https://www.housebeautiful.com/design-inspiration/g38331859/bathroom-trends-2022/
- Reitman, E. (n.d.). 10 marble bathrooms we’re swooning over RN. HGTV. Retrieved December 21, 2021, from https://www.hgtv.com/design/design-blog/design/marble-bathrooms-we-re-swooning-over